About Me

My photo
Welcome to my mad little world, full of colour and beautiful people

Archive

Monday 3 June 2013

Maternity shoot

Today I did a beautiful shoot with the lovely Toni, she is 6 months pregnant and has the cutest smile, in the world!

I wanted to do something a bit more like my fashion work, a bit of set building all for one final picture.
For some reason I always prefer to have one 'perfect' shot form a shoot, much like the English mustard shoot I did with Miss Cooper, Which I need to Blog about, Sorry! You work everything to a point for one picture. Hours of planning and sorting all for one shot, seems a bit silly to some people, but I think that a shot stands a world away if its the only one, It think its treasured more. I loved doing this, and really like the tones in it, it is very Magenta and warm, it took quite a bit of colour correction as we were in a bath tub and the cool walls did nothing for her peachy skin, although the flowers helped.

As per usual, I used my 50mm 1.4 (my bokehlishious lens)  and also used a diffuser (big round white thing that diffuses light) and natural light (the sun ;)

The gorgeous Toni was in the bath with water, to keep the ivy floating, I used blossom and a couple of Gerbs ( Toni's favourite flower) it took about 45 minutes to set up, 25 mins to do hair and make-up, about an hour to pick and then 25 mins to shoot whilst prodding and picking at her hair and the flowers.



I would just like to say Thank you to Toni for being so patient and Beautiful. X 

No comments:

Post a Comment