About Me

My photo
Welcome to my mad little world, full of colour and beautiful people

Archive

Sunday 14 October 2012

Snow White

Mirror Mirror on the wall, Who is the fairest of them all?

I have wanted to do a series of Disney princesses for a long time and wanted to start with snow white.
(I will be doing a select few of the Princess set so will keep you posted). I was very excited about using my 'Popsy' (Paige Hartley) as snow white, as She has just left me for University! So this was a nice last shoot for us to do together for a while

I love doing one off shots as they think they are sometimes stronger than sets, I used to be obsessed with getting sets, but there is always one shot that is not as good as the others, and I believe this always lets it down, I would prefer to have an individual shot with a 'wow' factor.



I had thought about the different things that could be in the picture, Props, clothing etc.. I was certain of using the Apple but could not find a suitable dress which was seductive and classy, so I made one. Popsy's Hair was actually brown before the shoot, I curled it and then sprayed with black UV hairspray, needless to say it worked really well (ventilated area needed). The Roses were real, as was the Ivy, I put a lot of pale base make up on her as she is Olive and then a lick of deep red lip stick, I think there are only a few props needed to show Snow white, as the ribbon, apple, make-up and hair relate back initially. 
I borrowed the necklace from the Art Deco shop in Frinton and think it works beautifully, I did not want any more Jewellery because the Frame is quite intricate and I think it would just distract.

I used my 24-70mm f/2.8 for this as I was shooting above from a step ladder and needed a wider angle, preferably I would have used my 50mm but I am a bit of a shorty ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment